Today I’m getting SLICED! Actually, its just me wearing my new tshirt from The Bubble Process. I went to school with these bros, we go way back, and therefore when I see something I like by people I like…well I’m going to buy it!
Plus, who doesn’t love pizza and bicycles?
Well, as most of you have gathered, I’m not the most professional of sorts, and because I work in a creative industry (eh hem…fashion), I can dress as I please. I try to keep it somewhat office appropriate but mostly stay true to my casual laidback “cool girl” vibe. Meaning I don’t usually do hosiery, pencil skirts, and that jazz…I’ve tried, its never comfortable by the afternoon.
To make a tshirt of any sort more “office appropriate” there’s a few tricks I stick to:
- A fitted blazer/jacket over the tshirt
- Skinny Jeans, the tighter the better…the sleeker the more pulled together it looks.
- A few pieces of jewelry for accessory points (this time its my new vintage necklace from Beacon’s Closet this past weekend)
- A scarf or something around my neck (other than just the necklace), because layers and piled on stuff adds interest
- Oh, and always wear heels or a good shoe of some sort…leave the converse all-stars for the weekend.
Seriously, give it a go if you’re allowed to wear jeans to the office. Or give it ago on some casual weekend if you want to UP your style factor when running around town. I swear by it, never has it led me astray…the tshirt says casual, the jacket says business…almost like a mullet all over my body!