Yesterday I went to City Island, NY with Maresa. What a quaint, little, friendly escape from the daily chore that is NYC. This place had small town hospitality at every turn (not a lot of turns actually, there’s only one main street that goes down the middle of the entire island). Rich in nautical history, and full of cute little shops and antique stores, it was a perfect way to spend a weekend afternoon.
Now I’m obsessed with researching this place, finding out more, and planning my next visit.
As you read a few posts ago, I went to Philly. It was actually myself, and the gaggle of girls making up The Downtown Dolls. We went for Bruce Springsteen obviously, but we did so much more while we were there too.
- we ate like nobody’s business (um we do have a Nacho Club…hello!!!)
- we hung out with our old gang girl, Gisela
- we drank like fish at more than just one wateringhole.
- we got schooled in a little bit of U.S. history (which you know I love!)
- we got our thrifty thriftin’ on at a few thrift stores
What a grand ol’ girls weekend it was. I really enjoy that places like Philadelphia are so close to NYC—it makes it extremely easy to get out of town on the cheap!